The Stocks and Investment Resource
It used to be only the wealthy could afford to invest in the stock market. Not anymore. Thanks to a troubled economy numerous stocks plummeted to an all-time low opening the door to many whom otherwise would not be able to take the plunge.
Whether you are a novice investor or a veteran do your homework before putting out your cash. Become familiar with stock market and investment terminology, market trends, what other investors are saying—and doing,—the various American and foreign stock exchanges, how the economy effects the investment world and available investment assistance for small businesses. Here are some resources to get you started.
Create a Winning Strategy: See how you can learn to trade stocks, futures and bitcoin risk-free.
- Stansberry & Associates: conducts independent investment research, particularly in the areas of strategy, insider trading and short-selling and options trading.
- Schaeffers Research: helps traders make informed choices and money-making investments.
- The Center for Investment Research: set up to assist individuals and corporations with their stock market investments.
- Finance and Investment Research: studies and reports from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- EDGAR Database: government listing of all filings, forms, and reports of public companies.
- Fortune: money and business magazine that regularly ranks the top 500 public companies in the nation.
- MorganStanley SmithBarney: features interactive stock and securities charting that allows users to follow pricing, market changes and “volume quotes.”
- The Securities Research Company: offers a variety of tools for charting stocks and securities, such as books and online visuals.
- Stock Charting: Research and charts available from the Wall Street Journal.
- Quote.com: trusted source for charts, quotes, and news.
Newsgroups for Investors
- InvestFAQ Newsgroups: List of charters for different investment newsgroups.
- AllStocks: bulletin board is recommended for all levels of investors.
- Maag Library Finance Investing Guide: showcases investing and stock reference resources.
- Smart Money: investment magazine that details the economic benefits of investing in foreign markets.
- Statistics on Banking: great compilation of statistics from FDIC.
- Resources for Economists: journal that offersa variety of economics articles for scholars.
- Internet Resources for Economists: list of valuable resources from SUNY Oswego.
- Economics Resources: journals and links on economics from the Library of Congress.
Small Business Assistance
- The National Association of Small Business Investment Companies offers small companies the financial means to invest.
- The U.S. Department of Commerce’s Minority Business Development Agency makes venture capital available to small businesses.
- The Oversees Private Investment Corporation assists small businesses who want to invest in the international marketplace.
- Small Business Development Center: financial management for small businesses.
- Information for Small Businesses: government regulations on small companies from the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Stock Exchanges: provides worldwide links and access to stock exchanges in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North and South America. Exchange sites feature updated information on daily trading activity and the latest in trading news.
- Wall-Street: features information on worldwide stock brokers and exchanges. The site also displays World and Pacific market updates.
- NASDAQ: (National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations) showcases information, such as stock quotes and activity, for the nation’s second biggest stock exchange.
- NYSE: This is home to the New York State Stock Exchange, the country’s largest stock exchange.
- Stock Market Resources: list of links related to understanding the stock market.
- Understanding Stocks and the Stock Market: helpful guide on stock classification, stock tables, and regulation.
- Learn the Stock Market: guide to understanding the stock market and how shares are traded.